To use People Builder on a Mac, please be sure you are running OSX 10.10 or newer with at least 2GB RAM available and an active internet connection.
Please Note: 4GB+ RAM is recommended for best results when using People Builder. For Apple/Mac, there is only one version of Doodly available (OS X), however, it will function on any compatible devices.
To use People on a PC, please be sure you are running Windows 7+ or newer with at least 2GB RAM available and an active internet connection.
To best prepare for installation of People Builder on a PC/Windows device, you should first determine whether the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the software is appropriate, and download the corresponding version.
If you are unsure of how to do so, please click through to learn more about that process: 32-bit version or 64-bit version?
Where To Download People Builder
In order to download People Builder please proceed to the Member's Area, here you will find Download links, and also training videos!
Opening People Builder on Your Desktop/Laptop
The People Builder software can be accessed directly from your device once you have downloaded and installed the application. For easy use, please add the People software application icon to your device's desktop.
Note: Once you have downloaded People Builder once, you can continue to access it directly. If you are unable to locate the program, try searching your downloads, and programs/applications folder.
Updating People Builder
The People Builder software updates will be available to all current members and are pushed through your internet connection (which is why we require internet access for use).
While the information transfer is automatic, the software does require a restart in order for changes to take effect.
If you receive a notification that an update is available for the People Builder software, please log out and exit the software entirely. Once you have done so, the software will process the update accordingly and any modifications will be available within your account upon your next login.
To verify the version of your People Builder software, please log in to your account. You will see a version listed at the top of your People Builder dashboard:
If you notice that your People Builder software has not automatically updated to the latest version available, please log out of your account, exit the software entirely and log back in. Once you have done that, as long as your internet connection is active you will receive a prompt to update shortly. If that does not happen within one or two minutes, you can always visit the People Builder Member's Area & download the latest version.
Note: Your saved work within People Builder will not be lost if you choose to download again.
Troubleshooting Install and Download Issues
The People Builder software requires an active internet connection and a few other components to function properly.
Many times when our members experience an installation issue, it is likely caused by one of the following:
- Download Version - Please be sure you have downloaded the correct instance of People Builder. For help with that, please click here!
- AntiVirus Software - If you have an instance of this running on your device please click through to learn more about AntiVirus software & Doodly.
- Operating System Compatibility - Please review the requirements above for installation on a PC/Windows and Apple/Mac.
- Internet connection speed - A slow, weak signal, may cause the software to function slowly, or not respond at all! Please visit SpeedTest to check your internet speed, and you may want to contact your ISP to do more testing on your connection/router.
- Internet security issues - (i.e. an internet connection via a hotel, public library, conferences, etc) A secured, public network may not allow outside downloads. We recommend using a secure, personal network, simply because you have the ability to control the connection!
If you need further assistance, please reach out to our support team by clicking the Blue Support button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Articles in this section
- People Builder: How can I change my account's email address?
- People Builder: How Do I Get Support?
- People Builder: Do You Have a Free Trial for People Builder?
- People Builder: Will People Builder Work on a Mac and PC?
- People Builder: What Ethnicities Can I Portray Using People Builder?
- People Builder: Does People Builder Come with Step-by-Step Instructions?
- People Builder: Downloading and Installing People Builder
- People Builder: Are There Any Limitations or Restrictions?