TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Using the Correct Format
- Uploading an Image
- Deleting an Image From Your Library
- How do I invert Black Images to Show on Dark/Green Chalkboard?
Using the Correct Format
Doodly accepts uploads of PNG, JPG, and SVG image files and animated GIFs (a recommended size of less than 1MB).
The maximum allowed image size is 1920 X 1080. Upon importing, your custom image will be added to your personal image library.
For the best results and clearest images of Doodly uploads, we have a few recommendations:
- SVGs will yield the best results.
- PNGs (with transparent background) with a resolution of at least 72 ppi are a great alternative.
Please Note: For imported files, the default draw path is a wide, sweeping motion. If another illustration pattern is desired, you will need to create a custom path for your image.
Uploading an Image
To upload a custom image file, navigate to the "Props" menu of your Doodly Dashboard and click the blue and white + symbol.
The "Add new prop" menu will appear, allowing you to select the desired image file (on your device) and enter the title.
Once that is complete, click "Continue" to add the file. It will then be available for use within your Doodly account!
Deleting an Image From Your Library
To delete imported images from your Doodly account, you should go to the Categories menu on the left-hand side when viewing a project.
Then, go to My Library.
From there, you will want to locate the image you wish to delete and right-click on that image which will bring up the delete option.
You will also be shown a prompt to confirm that you would like to delete the image.
Please Note: This action cannot be undone once an item has been fully deleted from your image library.
How do I invert Black Images to Show on Dark/Green Chalkboard?
To do this, click the image and go to Asset Settings by clicking the small gear icon.
On Asset Settings, switch Invert to ON, then click Apply
Articles in this section
- Doodly: How do I import a custom image into Doodly?
- Doodly: How do I customize audio within an project?
- Doodly: Exporting your Doodly videos
- Doodly: Uploading fonts in Doodly
- Doodly: How do I import a custom character in Doodly?
- Doodly: How do I edit individual assets within a project?
- Doodly: Can I download Doodly on multiple computers?
- Doodly: How can I add color to my images?
- Doodly: Adding, Editing, and Previewing scenes
- Doodly: What illustrator/hand styles are available?