By the end of this article, we will have walked through the process of adding a custom domain within your Voomly course.
What you will need
- A Voomly Account
- A Course Created Within Voomly
- A Custom Domain
Step 1: Setup Custom Domain or Voomly Subdomain
- Click on courses at the top navigation bar.
- Then select the course to which you want to add the custom domain to.
- Near the bottom of the page, click on settings from the left-side column.
- To change the Voomly subdomain name, click on the pencil icon and update the name.
- Each course will have its own unique Voomly subdomain that will look like this: CourseName.voomly.com
- Note: If you only want to update the Voomly subdomain name, then you do not need to continue with the rest of the instructions.
- To continue setting up the custom domain, click on the setup custom domain button.
- Enter your custom domain and click create.
Step 2: Setting Up Your CNAME Record in Your Domain Host
Once you have added your domain to your course, you will now need to verify this domain by adding a CNAME record to your domain's DNS settings. In this example, we are going to use GoDaddy but for other DNS host examples, you can go here in your course settings.
Once you are in your domain DNS, you want to make sure you add a new record.
This record is going to be a CNAME Record with the following information included:
- Name: www (you can also add any other subdomain that you would like ie: courses)
- Data/Value: 3uf2nzqbdx.voomly.com
- TTL: 30 minutes or referred to as 1/2 hour
Step 3: Verifying the Domain in Voomly
Once you have added the domain to your Voomly course, the record will need some time to propagate. Please keep in mind that DNS records can take up to 48 hours to fully process. Once the domain has been verified, you will see a verified message under your course settings and your domain is ready to be used in your course.
Step 4: Making Your Domain the Primary Domain (Optional)
If you would like to solely use your custom domain for your course, it is important to make it your primary domain. This will allow your customers to end up at your course home page by typing in your new domain in their browser.
If you need further help, please contact our support team by clicking on the support button at the bottom right corner of your screen.